Saturday, 9 June 2012

My First Successful Project

This is the blouse that restored my faith in sewing.

I really was on the verge of giving it all up when thanks to the Sewaholic sew-along I finally managed to create this Pendrell Blouse.

My original mock-up had ruffled sleeves but because the sew-along was so easy to follow I decided to go with the pleated version for my actual blouse.

These patterns are drafted for pair shaped ladies, which I am not, so I made the top that fitted my chest size. Unfortunately this meant it was far too big at the waist and hips.

To alter it I simply increased the seam allowance at the sides. Luckily this didn't alter the middle seams too much.

It has since become a wardrobe staple.

With such success I decided to make another version, this time with the ruffled sleeves, but true to form I burnt the back and accidently snipped a whole in the front panel with my pinking shears!

Once step forward two steps back…….



  1. Prettyy. I would love to make a Pendrell someday. I keep seeing so many cute ones! Congrats on a confidence boosting project!

    1. Thanks Johanna,

      I would definitely recommend it.

  2. I guess that blouse has set a high standard for the rest of your projects :) what a lovely blouse, in a really pretty fabric!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...